Scoliosis

how to treat, where to place, how long to act, how to choose the right area, which methods to apply, breaks between sessions and courses

Moderator: Alexander Karasev

Scoliosis

Postby shellers » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:45 am

Hello:

I would appreciate input from experienced practitioners on this condition.

Case is of a teen with scoliosis (age 17 and done growing). Thoracic curve is about 55 degrees or so with a much smaller compensating lumbar curve. I use a 715 Cosmodic unit.

After just returning from a level one training in the U.S., I find I am not sure what would be most beneficial for this case. I think I understand how well the 715 can work in this case regardless of the focus (locality of most egregious complaint). What I am wondering - would there be an even greater impact to couple the 715 with one of the scenar units during the treatment? Dr. Irena talks of using two devices at one time during treatment. For those of you with experience, would doing so move the treatment process along faster for the client and thus the corresponding re-balancing of the system? If it is believed that using both a scenar and cosmodic device at the same time during treatment would be highly beneficial, which scenar device would be best in this instance?

If my cosmodic unit is best used for acute situations, is a scenar device really going to be better for this case of scoliosis (not in combination with the cosmodic)?

I am most appreciative of the sharing of any applicable experiences.

Shelly
shellers

Postby Alexander Karasev » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:18 pm

Dear Shelly,

For such condition as scoliosis only scenar or cosmodic device is not enough. Right after the session your patient needs to do some physical exercises specially for this condition. I think you can get such information in any hospital.

As for devices, it would be better if you use two 715's. This will really enhance and fasten the effect of treatment. The method is that you put two devices symmetrically, from the left and from the right of the spine. If you don't have two 715's it is better to use just one on both right and left side of the spine.

You can combine it together with other scenars, but this will not increase the effect for this case.

Alexander Karasev
Alexander Karasev

Postby shellers » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:59 pm

Alexander:

Thank you for your reply. I have some further questions.

In doing the pathways on either side of the spine, am I to look for locations of asymmetry (as I learned in training) then apply cosmodic treatment to both sides at the same time next to the same vertebral segment? Would this treatment (pathways alongside the spine) be the same session after session or would I want to treat some other part of the body? I currently treat the rib area for pain on occasion as well as the neck shoulder region (again only on occasion for pain). I recall in training, it was recommended to vary the treatment locations - I am assuming so the body wouldn't become accustomed to it.

In doing the treatments, would I also perform a course of treatment sessions then allow a 6 - 12 week break for the body to process the treatments? Then, start another course of treatments?

Appreciatively,

Shelly
shellers

Return to I need advice